Monday, May 12, 2014

Knowing Yourself is All That Matters !

Knowing Yourself is All that Matters !

Was sitting quietly in this very busy , crowded restaurant having my meal .
People were just eating , talking , getting up , sitting down , asking for this and for that !
Waiters were rushing from table to table . Serving , clearing and serving .
There was so much of happening going on !
Some liked this others liked that . 
Is was a rush hour scene .
It was a wonderful experience just watching everyone , especially their faces !
The eyes just shifted in all directions .
The mouth was moving constantly , either eating or talking !
I just kept watching very quietly while eating my meal silently .
I was present yet not present to anyone !
I was one of them yet I was not !
Silently , I reflected on my self and my species .
What are we all about ?!!
Who or what are we ?
As much as I was part of the flow of this human stream , I was also able to sit on the banks and wonder !
Wondering has become my way . Literally wondering and also in wonder !
Even awed !
As I live in a multicultural , multi religious country , I love watching people .
I watch their dress code . I watch their behaviour , their mannerism and so much more .
Beyond their physical body form , they are beings who belief !
That belief systems that they all believe in is what really gets me excited and awed !
That belief is their reality ! They live by it and they will die with it !
They will love by their beliefs and they will hate by that too !
Their whole of life and living is governed by these beliefs !
What about me ?! 
Don't I have beliefs ?
Of course , I do too !
I believe that none of these beliefs really matter !!
As much as I respect all the beliefs people have , I am unable to live by them !
I always seem to want to know and understand more !
I study ideas , ideologies , concepts , thoughts and beliefs .
I cannot accept them for I can see further or deeper in all of them !
Humans always have a tendency to create beliefs just like that !
The world is flat ! The whole cosmos goes around the planet Earth ! 
The Creator expects and is very demanding of our code of conduct here on Earth !
Failing that manner of behaviour , we can be punished for ever by this Omnipotent creator !
Yet , none of us have a clue who or what this Creator is !
Each of us have our own set of belief patterns that we hold onto and keep claiming beyond any doubt that they are right ! 
Except , that another group of people have a very different set of belief patterns too that is equally right too !
Now , how are these two patterns going to co-exist together ?!!
There lies the drama of life !
From the very early days of human civilisation , this is our life and living !
Yet , in between , there have been some rare humans who saw differently !




They were able to transcend and go beyond this belief patterns ! 
Sometimes they had to pay a heavy price , even with their life !
Strangely after their passing , people began a new belief around these rare beings !
A new belief pattern began to roll out !
This is the way of almost most humans !
Yet , there are the.................!
This will do for now !
Take care . Love.
Amar.


No comments:

Post a Comment