Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Identity and identification !

Identity and Identification !

What is my identity ?
Depends how or who is asking !
Once someone asked , who or what is God ?
The answer given was , Who or What is Not God !!
Coming back to my identity , who or what am I ?
If my son stands in front of me , I am his father .
If I stand in front of my father , I am his son !
So , I am both those two identities .
Then I am also a brother , husband , nephew , uncle , grandfather , and the list goes on ......
Those are relationships .
I am also related in many more forms to people , beliefs , culture , race , nation , religion and more...
I am also a living being that is many , many cells that forms a complex structure that is so wonderfully amazingly complex and complicated .
In life forms on this planet , I am just another species .
Being me , I may entertain ideas that I am important !


Tell that to the bacterias or virus and I may get another shock .
Beyond this planet , I too may appear like another living form or some bacteria like form !
As I go up and down the scale of size , my identity keeps shifting constantly .
At the end , identity is just another form that I create to give some meaning .
What ever I identify with , that I become !
So , what is my identity ?
Will end now .
Take care .
Amar.

No comments:

Post a Comment