Saturday, June 21, 2014

Growing up and becoming Aware !

Growing up and becoming Aware !

The morning sun was bright ! Everything was so fresh !
The green grass smelled fresh and nice . It had that special grass smell that
I enjoyed . It was soft . I loved to sit or just lie in this grass .
As I sat , I always became aware of another wonderful world !
You will only see that wonderful world , when you are very close to that !
Grasshoppers sitting quietly on the blades of grass . Green or light brown in 
colour that made them practically invisible even from being very close to them !
They were so many other small insects crawling around in their little world !
There were also very tiny flowers from the grass and other weeds .
This is how my childhood days were !
Running around , lying in the grass , chasing butterflies and catching grasshoppers .
Searching for wild berries or other fruits that I got used to .
Not a care in the world !
I lived in a simple house that was my home !
My loving mother always attended to my basic needs .
Dressed simple , ate simple , lived simple , yet was always happy and full of life !
This was my paradise !
As I grew up , I had to go to a school . 
Now , I entered the world of books !
Reading , writing and drawing became my new play things !
I still enjoyed my days .
Out of school , I was back to my country living !
I will walk along streams , sit by ponds or pools of water and just go into wonderland !
Daydreaming or just going into a trance like state was my usual past time !
I was so fascinated with everything around ! 
As , I started growing up and started seeing the world of grown ups , I became aware of another 
world ! 
People lived and believed in so many things that I could not understand !
Of all the things , the one thing that they all talked with fear , respect and mystery was something 
the grown ups called : God !
I was regularly taken to the place of worship on weekends but was left alone to do my things !
I played around or wondered what were the grown ups doing sitting so seriously and mumbling some words !
Thank god , nothing was ever forced upon me !
I only had to keep my hair long as was the tradition of my people !
Slowly but surely , this God started to also enter into my life !!
I was told that everything that I did or do was now being watched by the mysterious all seeing and all knowing entity known as God !!
Whenever I questioned more about this God , I started becoming more confused !
Everything about God was confusing and contradicting !!
The grown ups referred to this God as ' He ' ! 
So , God was a He ! A male . A man !
God , surely cannot be a child or a young man , I assumed or as they assumed !


All feelings and thoughts pointed to God being a very , very old man !!
This began my learning about the world of grown ups !!
I can tell you now , that the world of grown ups is quite confusing and crazy !
I know from my personal experience !
I allowed a part of me to grow for functionality !
The best part , I kept it in a state of Awe and wonder like I did in my early days of childhood !
That has saved me from the world of grown ups !!
I will end for now !
Till we meet again , take care .
Love.
Amar.


No comments:

Post a Comment