Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How Dis-ease can Become a Disease !

How Dis-ease can Become a Disease !

My fascination with psychology began very early in my college life . I was still in my first year of medical college and was already seeing what is left when we are dead . A physical body is left . The study of anatomy is really interesting in the sense that we study the whole human body in its gross and microscopic structure . 
Physiology gives us the understanding of how our body functions . Blood moves like this and food moves like that . The biochemical actions and reactions are most amazing and mind boggling .
One can spend a life time just studying or trying to understand any of this areas .
I found them wonderful but I seem to be attracted to the brain and what happened within that   
' loaf-like ' organ . I actually was serious about Neurosurgery or even Neurology . But , I soon saw that these wonderful branches were still studying the structural aspect of the human body .
I had my thoughts on the beyond ! The non physical mystery of life and living .
One of the earliest experiences I had was that there is a very close and strong link between the body and the mind . Whatever happens to the body does effect the mind . Again , what happens to the mind does effect the body ! 
It is that simple !
If you or me get some bodily problem , like there is a swelling in some part of the body , we are going to get concerned and even worried or worst panic ! We are mentally shaken and our very peace of mind goes . We can all relate to that .
On the other hand , if we have some anxiety , feel upset or angry with someone , we also notice that we can effect our bodily functions . In that moodiness , we are unable to sleep calmly or even eat our food with the same desire and taste . We can become constipated or have abdominal discomfort .
So , you can see how very closely our body and mind are related . They are like a very close couple or even like the same one system expressing in physical and non physical way.
The magic word that is used is Psychosomatic .
It simple means the same as the body and the mind . The impressive looking word gives weight and looks scientific ! Lay people too get uncomfortable and even frightened .
On my journey , I have come to realise that our feelings and emotions are really very important !
It is the emotions that become our guiding principles to our well being !
How we feel is very essential to our real well being and health .
When I am happy and having fun and enjoying , I am at ease and most probably my body is relaxed and at ease .
On the other hand , if I am tensed or upset or very angry , I am now not at peace or joyful ! I am now at dis-ease .
Whenever , we are feeling moody , miserable , angry , or negative for any reason , we become stressed and tensed and that is how we are dis-eased . Simply means not at ease .
This prolonged state of dis-ease will eventually become a disease in our body !!
Now that is a basic principle of diseases 
Unfortunately , most of the modern medicine is focused on the disease of the body. The treatments are all or mostly about the body . That is the effect ! 
Most of modern medicine is being practiced as ' Effective Medicine '
I am attempting to understand ' Causative Medicine ! '
One system is like going up stream ! Going against the very natural flow of life and living !
How we live , what we feel , what we eat , why we feel like we do and what can we do to feel good and happy again . It is bring harmony again to our lives . That is my idea or concept of ' Wholistic Healing . ' 
If we can create a happy lifestyle and always attend to that , than our chances of being healthy are better as compared to just focusing on the body alone .
Of course , I have really over simplified the whole idea or concept . 
However , that is the central concept ! That is the core idea or




reality .
I feel this is enough for today. 
As usual , I will again ask that if you have any comments , please feel free to comment ?
The more we share , the more we care . 
What could be my reason for writing or blogging ? 
Till we meet again , take care .
Amar.


No comments:

Post a Comment