Monday, January 27, 2014

Do you Know Me ? Do I Know Myself ?

Do You Know Me ? Do I Know Myself ?

This two simple questions that sound so ordinary are questions that I have been thinking about so often ! These two ordinary questions can change an ordinary life to an extraordinary life ! The whole outlook can change when we exam this two questions !
Do you know me ? It is a simple question yet if we look deeper or just ponder , we will realise that this simple question can become a real deep awareness and more ! 
Let me see if I can explain my view . My father or mother have seen me since birth and have been very close to me . They actually believe that they know me or what are my needs , wants , desires and opinions or views on myself , and all things ! Do they really know me ? 
They see me as their child or son and they have formed their opinions about me . They have created a certain belief of my personalty , character , potential and much more ! They will actually think you are capable of this and not that ! They will constantly pass remarks that I can do that and not that ! I use to really wonder how they made those remarks ! How did they know what I was thinking or feeling ?! I became aware that I really could not know what was going on in their minds . What were their thoughts or feelings ?! 
So , I wondered how could they know my thoughts and feelings ! That is the way of everybody around . They think or feel they know you ! Do they !?
More often we sort of assume or create our own impression of somebody and convince ourselves that we know them !! Most parents believe that they know their children !! Look around and you will see how wrong or misinformed they are . It is because of such attitude that we have so much of misunderstanding between people ! We assume or believe that so and so is like that . Opinions are constantly formed . I wanted to write as a child , my parents really thought that I was daydreaming or in some form of delusion ! I asked my learned parents , why they thought that I could not write ? Well , nobody in our family has been a writer ! Not even in the extended family or even friends around ! So , that is it ! I cannot write ! They have decided my fate ! Just like it ! My father was passionate of being a doctor . Can I be one ? Yes , of course !! 
On another occasion , I asked my parents that I wanted to be a painter ?! Again , they were shocked as to from did I get my thought and ideas ? 
So , from very early in life , I became aware that nobody really knows me !? 
So the next question is , do I know myself ?
That is another amazing question that has baffled me ever since my birth !!
I know that I have acquired many beliefs , behave patterns , cultural and other patterns from my surroundings . Be it parents , family , friends , schools , religion , country and so much more ! I kept on agreeing to so much around without even knowing all the implications that it will have on me and my personalty , character and future ! Beliefs and so much was given to me or sometimes pushed onto me ! I use to really wonder how , why or what the f@#$ is going on what the people around !!
Life was flowing down stream and life can be fun and easy , yet , most people wanted to struggle or swim against the flow of life !! 
Why were they doing that ? They believed that they must work hard . They belief that money does not grow on trees ! They believe that they will either go to heaven or hell !! They believed in a very strange kind of God ! They had so many funny beliefs that I can go on relating to you for a very long time ! Some how I stopped trusting all the people a very long time ago !! They did things that I just could not understand ! Why ?
So , coming to my simple question as to what or who am I ? Do I know myself ?! 
The more I kept seeking myself , the more I became aware that I am really a very strange entity !!
Here , I am now becoming a writer ! A blogger ! I am actually enjoying it ! Feel passionate ,  Sitting down to express myself with joy !! My childhood dream appears to become real ! I just enjoy playing with words my way ! Did I paint ? Yes , I did ! 
Did I get to know myself ? Yes !! I am just amazed that myself is still unfolding and expanding and still expressing !! What an awesome life and living ! 
Thank you for reading and sharing my experience of life and living !
I think we both need a break ! Maybe some coffee will be good !
Take care , my dear friends . Enjoy .
Amar.





No comments:

Post a Comment