Tuesday, January 21, 2014

We Live in a World of Beliefs !

We Live in a World of Beliefs !

There is one topic that I have been studying and examining for a long time . It's about this most amazing and fascinating subject of the belief systems . Beliefs just blow me away ! 
Beliefs are such magical concepts ! Yes , it is like magic . You belief in something and that becomes real ! That reality is more real and stronger than the physical world of matter ! 
Beliefs rule , control ,trap , or practically determine every thought , feeling and behaviour of the human species !
Every human has beliefs . That is our very nature . As long as we are living , we will have beliefs !We just have to believe . It can be anything . Anything means just that , Anything !
I can believe that number 13 is unlucky or lucky ! In one culture it can be unlucky yet in another culture it can actually be very lucky ! Most people believe that number 13 is bad omen , unlucky and all that . In the Sikh religion , that very number is lucky and good . Number 13 in that Punjabi language means , that everything belongs to the Great Creator ! 
I can literally create beliefs out of thin air ! I wear a blue shirt and realised that my interview or my examination went well . I might start to feel that the blue shirt is my lucky shirt ! I want to wear that shirt often for important moments in my life . I believe a black cat is bad omen , if it crosses my path . That belief becomes a superstition and can have a strong effect on me .
Now , Religion is one of the strongest beliefs we all have . That is a major belief system that has a great impact on our living from cradle to our grave . That belief can create many levels of understandings and more misunderstandings amongst the believers and non -believers . In fact , it is a major area of conflict in our present civilisation today !
God is a great belief ! So great that it can create and destroy us ! Can you imagine how strong a belief that is ?!! 

Belief in one self , in some one else , in a temple , in
a river , in a place , in a mountain , in a cup , in a bowel ,in anything and everything that you can possible belief !! 
We actually believe that some people are gods . In some countries it is very serious matter not to offend such beliefs . People can be punished and even killed in the name of such beliefs .
We have surrounded our every day live around beliefs . We believe that this food is good and that is not good . We have countless beliefs around wealth , health and life in general .
A study or examination in beliefs will reveal how we actually live ! 
My reason today was just to get you excited about the place beliefs have in our life . To take some time to ponder , examine or at least become aware of the reality of beliefs .
Think about them and enjoy .
You can make comments or even express about the nature of beliefs .
This is enough to start thinking .
I am going to sleep now .
Till we meet again . Take care .
Namaste .
Amar.

No comments:

Post a Comment