Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Personal Development towards Being Me !

My Personal Development towards Being Me !

As a young boy , somehow , I saw myself as a 3 in one type of person ! What I mean by that is that , I saw that I had a physical body , a mind and a spirit ! How I came to that discovery or awareness , I have no idea ! I was just entering my teens . 
So , I came to the grand conclusion that I will develop all the 3 parts to have a balanced life !
So that is what I did !
Developing the physical was an adventure . I was tall but very thin or lanky . I was not  happy with my being very lean and even skinny ! When I asked my wonderful father . He simply replied that I will start putting on weight when I get married ! I found that answer rather funny and irrational ! What has my weight got to do with marriage ? 
So , one day , when in college , I saw a bodybuilder type of character from another class . I was just about 18 years old . I was studying in pre-medical class . Preparing to join a medical college .
I kept observing this tough , well build guy . He walked confidentiality . Appeared relaxed . Also looked friendly . I decided to just go up to him and asked how do I put on some muscles like him ?!
He was really a wonderful guy ! He actually became my mentor and guided me to start doing some body work ! My father was wondering what is going on . I told him to give me 6 months and see if I can show some change to my physical body . I also told him that I don't need to wait till I get married!
Seemed a reasonable suggestion and so off I went with my body building program . My guide was really good and we became good friends . 
Yes , within 6 months , I was walking upright ! No more hunching ! My shoulders , arms were looking good . My father accepted the reality and allowed me to keep going with my plans .
That was my physical program .
As to my mind development , it was easy ! I was always very curious and liked reading books . So , all I had to do was to just read as much as I could ! No subjects were barred for me . I was like a



sponge , just taking in all sorts of information . Again , my father found that strange . He saw me reading books on astronomy , physics , history , religions , spirituality , economy , oceans and all !! Again , I told him that I just wanted to know as much as I can to understand everything . He was simply unable to understand me .
That became my mind development .
Finally , the real fun and worry was , when I started my development on my spiritual part !
Both my parents were confused and worried ! I started asking all sorts of questions about life , religion and more . 
Questions that I knew they had no answers ! Which religion was better ? Why ?
How or what all this God business ?!
As they were unable to satisfy me , I went around searching for answers from other sources .
That was a whole wonderful adventure that needs a whole book to share !
In short , my life adventure has been fun ! Were there difficulties ? Of course ! Was there pain ? Yes.
Whatever the journey , the ups and down , it was worth it !
When I look at all the 3 parts today , I can really smile and say that it is a good balance !
There is a sense of feeling complete and whole !! A wonderful sense of just being now !
Everything that is happening is just perfect ! 
I think I will end my blog now .
Till we meet again , take care . Love.
Amar.

No comments:

Post a Comment