Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Further Reflections on Identity

Further Reflections on Identity .

Yesterday , I wrote my thoughts on how I feel about identity . Today , I like to share more thoughts and feelings on identity .
With form, identity will automatically be there . It is like a shadow . Form is structured , limited in time and space . It begs for identity !
For me the issue of identity becoming a burden happens when I have completely identified myself with the form ! That complete identification is the issue .
As , the body/mind form is ever changing ! There is a beginning to this story and there is going to be an end ! That is a fact of our lives here . 
This ever changing form is where lies the fun or misery ! 
If , I can understand that the form is not me , but an extension or expression of my Self , then it becomes fun ! If I cannot see that and become one with form , then misery will automatically be my shadow ! As I see my form changing and sliding  down , I will start to feel fearful and dreadful for that coming day when the show will be over !! I will believe that my end is coming ! That will lead to all sorts of believes and fears .
What all the wise people realised was that Me , Self or which ever way one likes to refer to the life form , is not the same as the ever changing body .
The realisation or awakening to that fact makes all the difference .
I see or experience myself as an energy entity that is expressing and enjoying life here on this plane .
The energy component is never born and cannot die ! The physical body will eventually die and disintegrate into the elements again .
It is a very simple understanding that I am aware of . Let me try to give an example : I have this electric cooker . The electricity keeps the cooker functioning and useful . The cooker over time gets old and finally breaks down . It is beyond repair . That , to me is the death or end of the cooker ! 
Nothing has happened to electricity whatsoever !! Electricity is energy . It cannot be destroyed . It is not even created . What we are doing is just harnessing or able to extract or manage to express energy for our us . 
Once , I am aware and have understood that I am That , then the rest of life and living becomes a show time . Will enjoy our time here and have fun with all aspects of life and living !
Will enjoy the best of times and also the worst of times ! That can happen because you now are enjoying the experience of living ! Life becomes an experience !
Having identity with that awareness and realisation is wonderful and fun ! Now , I want to experience and enjoy being me through the many identities that I pass through ! 


Sometimes , a son , a brother , a father , a husband , a doctor , a grandfather , a friend , a citizen of a country , a race , a skin colour , a religion and all the countless identities that we acquire as we pass through life ! Finally a day will come , when I will be just given a label , that the body of Amar is lying for the final rites ! That is the fun that I talk of !
When I can see myself as all this and yet none of this , then I am free in the real sense !
That is the Ultimate realisation from the drama of living there ! 
The rest of life and living is a temporary drama that we get so excited and entangled in . We are so meshed in our drama that we have no time to even think that it will be over someday ! What does it all mean ??!!
Whatever way you see live , it is okay ! There is no right or wrong .
If you are happy and enjoying life , then keep enjoying !
If you are miserable and feel that life is painful , then sit back and read my blog again !!
Till we meet again , take care and love .
Amar.


No comments:

Post a Comment