Sunday, July 13, 2014

How to Find My Lost Self ?!

How to Find My Lost Self ?!

How to find my lost Self ? 
It appears that I have lost a most precious  item in life !
I have lost myself !
How do I know that ? 
Let me explain from my own experience . 
I had seen that whatever I did or got or achieved , I always used to feel that something was missing !
I kept wondering why do I have this sense of emptiness within me ?!
I saw something and felt that having that item will really make me happy .
After getting the item , I saw that within a short span of time I am feeling empty again !
Why ?
Unknown to me , I was always looking or searching for myself !
Not understanding that , I went about getting this or that , thinking I needed those things .
If it was true , then I should have been fulfilled .
I was not !! 
So , I realised that I was searching for myself !!
Further , my memory was not very useful in helping me search .
The mind and memory are good to find things misplaced !
But , finding me is altogether another issue !
I am not a thing !
I am that which is beyond all things !
As I started to question who or what I am , I slow begun to see that I am not what others see me to be!
I also realise that I am not a physical body ! The body is ever changing . It functions quite independent of me ! As the body keeps changing from a small child to an adult , the ' me ' or ' I ' aspect remains the same ! I Am always I Am !
Searching , reading , thinking and more wondering , I also became aware that there have been many before me who questioned the same issue . They too asked who or what they are ?!
That reassured me that I Am normal and among a certain type of humans who are not contend being the identity that was given to them !! They all asked and questioned who are they ?!
The more I thought and pondered , the more convinced I became that I Am not what or who I am being or identifying  as !
I act or play roles but a large or bigger part of me is always not involved in this drama !!
I bigger part is just being aware and seem to be just witnessing everything I do ?!
The more I realised that , the more I begun to see life and living very differently from others around !
I also became aware that that most people seem to be attached to this body very deeply !
They also had beliefs that made very sense to me !
My whole idea , concept and identity about me was transformed by my understanding of who or what I Am !
I also started to have feelings and experiences that further made me see myself  very differently !
I started becoming less attached to my body ! I also became less of who or what others thought I Am!
I felt more of an energy expressing ! Life was that same energy that flowed through my body !
Thoughts and feelings are very different from the body !
That is how I became very much more settled , peaceful and happy too !
This is a very superficial and simplistic version of the adventure to Self Awareness !


Basically it is a pointer !
Take care . Love.
Amar.

No comments:

Post a Comment