Tuesday, December 17, 2013

How Death is My Best Friend !

Yes ! Death is My Best Friend !

Today I am going to share with you my secret weapon towards being free !
From very early in life ,Death became my best friend ! Somehow and somewhere I became aware that
things do break down . I also realised that living things die ! I lived in a beautiful hill station . My days were full with my adventures climbing the hills around my home . Walking along jungle streams . Just being fascinated with the wild ! Hahaha . Now you know why I call this blog , the WildOne !
In all this wonderful ventures , I enjoyed watching butterflies and grasshoppers . Butterflies were so gentle , tender , soft , harmless and beautiful that I just loved them sooo much ! Even today I am still in love with them !
Butterflies were my first teachers and still are ! We all know how they change so completely from one form to another . It simply is amazing to say it casually ! To me , it is mindblowing ! A caterpillar crawling around the leaves and goobling them so fast . Then suddenly it becomes something else !
It actually goes and wraps itself in a blanket ! Like it has gone into some mysterious trance . Then out of all this calm , a most amazingly beautiful butterfly comes out ! What a transformation ! Wow !
The grasshopper too were amazing play mates . I would lie in the wild grass and wait for them .
Then like a predator , I will slowly crawl near them and catch them . All this was great fun and I enjoyed the company of my wild friends .
The realisation came that they die ! They could and would stop moving and stop playing with me !
That got my tiny mind thinking . I saw leaves falling of the branches dying too . I was really confused and wondering with my new knowledge . So , I went to my source to ask for answers ! My mother was my greatest source ! She had to be ! She was my mother and she brought me , made me or whatever ! I of course could not understand all this stuff about my birth than .
She told me in the simplest of terms that all life will change and eventually die !! Wow !!
When I heard that , I was dumbfounded ! Really , is that the end of all living things ! Yes, that was the great realisation !
She also told me not to worry about all this stuff as the Great God will take care and looks after us all.
Who or what or where was this God is another big venture . I will leave that for another big day .
Today, its about death becoming my friend !
With that realisation , I went about my happy life but always thinking and wondering about death .
The more I thought the more I realised that , that is the absolute end reality !
I played , made new friends and grew as any normal child . However, my private thoughts were always
lingering on the deep questions . I also saw that almost all around me were not thinking , concerned or worrying about such issues ! They went about their lives as if they are going to live on forever ! Even the fairy stories always ended with such phrase as , ' they will live happily ever after ' ! Wow !
It appeared like some conspiracy ! A grand conspiracy on a very grand scale too !
I just kept watching everyone and went along superfically but was deeply concerned deeply !
By now I was well doctrinated into my culture, beliefs and tradions and all the stuff that now I call the tame life ! I was taken to places of worship without my choice or consent 1 I wanted to run around and play or just be . I enjoyed just walking or wondering around aimlessly to on lookers , but, to me I was in deep thoughts or comtemplation !
At times I was forced to sit inside the place of worship and had to endure painful sermons meaning little to me ! This drama went on for a long time ! It was for me just to do it and not question why !
Meanwhile , my inner world was going elsewhere ! 
Finally one day I took a bold step and decided to catch the bull by the horn !! 
I went up to the high priest as a boy of about 14 plus years ! Have I got it right ! I was 14 plus years !
The priest with his long flowing beard and serious nature looked at me and wondered what was my purpose . I simply told him if I could have about 15 minutes of his time and that of the whole congregation to let me share a real truth ! He looked lost and confused , to say the least .
No one of my age had ever requested such a request . Anyhow , seeing my serious stand and look , he 
actually gave me the permision to share my truth !
I was overjoyed and went about telling my mother , family and friends to please come to listen to my truth !! 
Strangely , in my excitment and all the burning fire to share my truth , I never had any thought of stage fear !
To cut the story short , on the appointed day , as all the people were seated , the priest told them that there is a surprise . I was introduced and I stood up and came to the front to address the people!
The stage was all set !
I started to inform the people that I have realised that the only reality is that we are all going to die !
They all looked surprised and awake as though I was telling them something new !
They probably were shocked to see a young boy tell them that ! I went on to share that I have realised that we should all take this matter very seriously . We  must do some deep thinking on this very essential matter of truth sand reality.  Went on to express that like any journey , we need to prepare and know about our trip . Also know what to pack , and know all the useful and essential stuff . If we do so much preparation for our worldly journeys , than it is very important that we get to know and understand death !
I can tell you , they were not amused ! Especially the older folks . The young or my group were thrilled with my bravery to make my stand !
I realised that no one really got my message ! That was the first and the last time I ever spoke again in a place of worship from my tradition background . I stepped back to let them enjoy their happy dramas .
However , my inner journey went on in earnest ! I went quiet and started sitting still . That was the beginning of my inner travels ! 
It was within those inner reflections, thoughts, and silence that I started to befriend Death !
Death became my constant companion ! Just a tap away from me ! I would talk to it and also get advice from it ! I also could know what was essential from the trivial or petty ! I was getting great wisdom from my best friend , Death . 
Death guided me to wonderful adventures and actually told me not to ever fear anything ! Wow !
Death was not some dark fearfull entity that people had made it into ! It was not a bogey man ! No, not at all . Death , Life , All Knowing , Source and all else are the same names of the Big Loving Mystery !
Dare to get close and see the magic that happens !
Will share more tales  as we walk this wonderful pathless path towards a gateless gate to the beyond ! Hahaha . 
Thank you for listenning . Please forgive if it was long .
Till we meet agin . Love and God Bless .
Amar.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say to you and I won't ever know. Cruel isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle , I am just sharing my experience ! There are no right or wrong ways to anything ! This the way I came to some understandings about life and living . Thank you for your comment and your time at my blog. Amar.

    ReplyDelete